Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This is new die from Hot Off The Press. I like that the die fills an A2 card without having to add too many more details. It is lovely as a plain silhouette on top of a multimedia background. In the card below, we have cut the die from white cardstock and used Peeled Paint Distress Ink to colour the stems. The heads of the flowers were cut from white as well, and embossed with a tight image embossing folder. We then coloured the flowers with Distress Inks and Rangers Liquid Pearls mixed with water to add a shimmery finish. To attach the flower heads, we used a tiny bit of glue at the base of the flower, and a 1/8th inch foam adhesive square in the centre of the flower to create dimension. Don't miss the dragonfly checking out the flowers!

The mini print papers come in the four shades as seen above are from The Paper Cut. I love these soft pastel shades as a layer to add interest. These are an 80 lb. cardstock so they are a nice heavy weight to work with.

No comments: